In addition to providing children in Haiti with backpacks and school supplies, we would also like to to implement a Community Outreach program for children in Port au Prince. A “test run” was done in September of 2013. We brought the The Rainbow Fish to children in two orphanages in PaP that we worked with in May. Thanks to a generous donation from one of the friends of Be The Hope: Haiti, we were inspired to do a story time/arts & crafts project with the children.
The book, which is in both English and French, was read by an awesome volunteer (Thanks again Brian!). The children were completely engaged with the story. After the story, each child was given the opportunity to make their own Rainbow Fish using a fish template on card stock, tissue paper and special sparkly paper “scales”, glitter glue and markers. The children had a wonderful time and were very creative! We hope to bring more of these projects to children, especially from Cite Soleil, in the coming months.
If you would like to help support these programs, you may do so in the following ways:
- Make a donation to Be The Hope: Haiti via check or PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=U8FLWQEVFBAM8
- Visit our Amazon Wish List – We have books and supplies on there that will help make these projects possible. The best part is, they can be shipped directly to us! http://amzn.com/w/FU237H4GPEN3
- Help spread the word via social media and email
- Like our Facebook page to get the most up-to-date information on what we are doing- https://www.facebook.com/bethehopehaiti
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued support!